Romans 12:13 New Parishioner Welcoming Ministry
This ministry is comprised of volunteers dedicated to the mission of our foundational scripture from Romans 12:13, "contributing to the needs of the holy ones, exercising hospitality." Volunteers call and welcome new parishioners to the St. Pius X community, educate new members about our parish, and host a series of quarterly welcome brunches each year. For more information or to become involved in welcoming new parishioners to St. Pius X Church and School, please use our form below to contact us.
Contact Romans 12:13 New Parishioner Welcome Ministry
2017 Romans 12:13 Welcome Brunch Schedule
- Dates February 12, May 7, August 13 and November 12
- Time 11:30 AM-12:30 PM
- Location St. Pius X School Cafeteria, 1061 Waggoner Rd., Reynoldsburg OH 43068
Volunteer & Service Opportunities
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age This ministry is appropriate for men and women, adults 18 years and older, and teens 13-18 with parental/guardian supervision
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Ministry Location Brunches are hosted in the St. Pius X School Cafeteria, 1061 Waggoner Rd., Reynoldsburg, Ohio.
- Frequency We host four "Welcome Brunches" each year in February, May, August and November following the Sunday Mass at 10:15 AM. We ask that our volunteers plan to assist with and attend two of the four brunches. Our volunteers also phone 1-2 newly registered parishioners each year to welcome them and answer any questions they may have about St. Pius X.
- Time(s) Food preparation for brunch takes place in our homes. For assigned team brunches, teams work twice a year from 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM. Phone calls to our new parishioners can be made from the comfort of home. We ask that calls be made during the afternoons and evenings, and not after 9:00 PM.
- Special or Helpful Skills A desire to welcome others and a hospitable nature are assets in this ministry. Love of cooking for others is a plus!
- Other Information Team members are asked to attend a single business meeting, held either annually or every other year as the need dictates.