Parish Festival Planning Committee
The St. Pius X Parish Festival Committee is a team of parishioners responsible for planning and organizing our annual St. Pius X Festival held every summer, typically on the first Friday and Saturday in August. The festival is a significant fundraiser for our parish and is held every summer on the parish grounds. The festival regularly seeks corporate sponsorship. Each year, the festival includes outside food truck vendors, musical entertainment, a Silent Auction, Monte Carlo, midway, rides and other activities aimed at family entertainment for our parish and local community. For more information or to become involved as a Parish Festival Planning Committee member, please use our form below to contact us. We welcome new members with new ideas!
St. Pius X Festival
Contact St. Pius X Festival Planning Committee
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age Committee members should be over 18 years of age.
- Designation The festival is an annual event, typically held on the first Friday and first Saturday in August. This year our festival will be held on Friday, August 4 and Saturday, August 5. However, the Parish Festival Planning Committee meets monthly well in advance of the event in order to plan.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Rectory, 1051 Waggoner Road, Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
- Frequency During February - May, monthly planning meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Beginning in June and July, planning meetings are held twice each month on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
- Time(s) 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- Special Skills Those with electrical/acoustic knowledge are an asset to layout and set up. We can also use those skilled in selecting musical entertainment; maximizing corporate sponsorship return; and developing midway games for youth. All new ideas are welcome!
- Other Information Prior to working with minors (age 17 and under) in our parish and school, prospective volunteers must have a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) background check with FBI fingerprinting and complete the Protecting God's Children for Adults® program. Access our webpage for full information: Protecting God's Children
Festival Planning Committee Meetings
All planning meetings are held on Wednesdays and begin at 7:00 PM in the rectory basement.
|Meeting Date & Minutes 2017|
|February 22 - Minutes||June 14 -|
|March 29 -Minutes||June 28 -|
|April 26 - Minutes||July 12 -|
|May 31 -||July 26 -|
|Festival: August 4 & 5|
CHAIRS NEEDED IN 2017 - Chairs are needed in 2017 for the following subcommittees: Rides, Advertising & Publicity. Please contact us via our form, below, if you are interested in chairing one of these subcommittees.
VOLUNTEER AT THE FESTIVAL - If you would like to help at the festival, but not serve on its planning committee, please access our volunteer webpage.