Knit and Crochet Group
An expansion of the Knitting and Crocheting Ministry of St. Matthew Parish, St. Pius X knitters and crocheters joined forces in 2009 to provide handmade items to the needy within the Columbus Diocese and outlying counties. In 2015, the St. Pius X Knit and Crochet Group made and contributed 1,200 hand knit or crocheted items to the overall ministry’s count of 9,980 items! These include hats and scarves for all ages, baby blankets and hats, and lap blankets. We thankfully take any yarn you may have, as well as knitting or crochet needles. For more information or to become involved in this Corporal Work of Mercy in clothing those in need, please use our form below to contact us.
Contact Knit and Crochet Group
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age This ministry is appropriate for men and women, adults 18 and over, teens 13-18 with parental/guardian supervision, and school-age 9-12 with parental or adult supervision.
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Ministry Location Bride's Room in St. Pius X Church, 1051 Waggoner Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH
- Frequency Knitters and crocheters meet every second and fourth Wednesday of the month. If the time is not convenient, see our note below under additional information about knitting/crocheting at home.
- Time(s) 9:30 - 11:30 AM
- Special or Helpful Skills All skills are welcome. We teach the basics of knit and crochet to beginners.
- Additional Information You may also knit or crochet at home if the time does not agree. We can provide patterns for our projects. We provide hooks, needles and yarn for your project. If you have these items for donation, we will be happy to share them with those in our group. Simply contact us.