Helping Hands Food Ministry
This ministry is devoted to feeding the hungry in our community. Dedicated volunteers use a box in the vestibule to collect parishioner donations of food and personal items for the needy in our community. Volunteers transport these items monthly to the Helping Hands Food Pantry in Reynoldsburg. Volunteers contact the pantry director to identify what items are needed most. The information is then posted in the church bulletin, on the lobby bulletin board, and from this webpage. For more information or to become involved as a volunteer in helping provide food to our neighbors, please use our form below to contact us.
Bill and Jean Richards
Contact Helping Hands Food Ministry
Updates and Upcoming Collection
We thank the St. Pius X community for its generous response to the needs of those in our community. Your donations continue to provide meals and personal items for local families in need. Help is still needed during the summer months.
- Bags of food collected in June 2017 — 30
- July 2017 Collection Date — July 22/23
- For July Collection — Cereal, canned vegetables, bars of soap, deodorant
Volunteer & Service Opportunities
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age This ministry is appropriate for men and women, adults 18 and over, teens without parental/guardian supervision, school-age 9-12 with parental or adult supervision and families/groups working together. This is a service opportunity for middle/high schoolers.
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Church, 1051 Waggoner Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH
- Frequency We collect and deliver food or personal items on a monthly basis.
- Time(s) We work on the fourth weekend of each month.
- Additional Information Volunteers are needed to help carry donations from the church lobby to the car. Collections are usually done the fourth weekend after the 5:00 PM Mass on Saturday and before the 12:00 Noon Mass on Sunday. Time involved is generally 15 minutes each collection day.