Helping Hands Food Ministry
This ministry is devoted to feeding the hungry in our community. Dedicated volunteers use a box in the vestibule to collect parishioner donations of food and personal items for the needy in our community. Volunteers transport these items monthly to the Helping Hands Food Pantry in Reynoldsburg. Volunteers contact the pantry director to identify what items are needed most. The information is then posted in the church bulletin, on the lobby bulletin board, and from this webpage. For more information or to become involved as a volunteer in helping provide food to our neighbors, please use our form below to contact us.
Bill and Jean Richards
Contact Helping Hands Food Ministry
Updates and Upcoming Collection
Thank you and may God bless you for your kindness to the needs of others. These donations will provide hot meals and personal items for local families. May you blessed with a Happy Easter!
- Bags of food collected in March 2017 — 35
- April 2017 Collection Date — April 22/23
- For April Collection — Pasta, pasta sauce, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes
Volunteer & Service Opportunities
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age This ministry is appropriate for men and women, adults 18 and over, teens without parental/guardian supervision, school-age 9-12 with parental or adult supervision and families/groups working together. This is a service opportunity for middle/high schoolers.
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Church, 1051 Waggoner Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH
- Frequency We collect and deliver food or personal items on a monthly basis.
- Time(s) We work on the fourth weekend of each month.
- Additional Information Volunteers are needed to help carry donations from the church lobby to the car. Collections are usually done the fourth weekend after the 5:00 PM Mass on Saturday and before the 12:00 Noon Mass on Sunday. Time involved is generally 15 minutes each collection day.