Military Outreach Program
Our Military Outreach program exists to serve and support our soldiers abroad, their families at home, and our local veterans. This ministry has an annual collection to organize, collect, collate and ship items to military family members deployed overseas and to an “adopted” unit. Packages are shipped out by volunteers year round, after the spring drive, and in November through the Christmas Care Package program. The Military Outreach Program has worked in partnership with the local VFW Post 9473, St. Vincent de Paul, Girl Scout troops, Latchkey, and the St. Pius X Parish School of Religion (PSR). Do you have a military family member or relative deployed overseas or do you have any questions regarding our program? Please contact us by telephone or email.
Krista Schumacher, Coordinator
(614) 323-7048 | email@example.com
This Year, We're Supporting
- USO Fenty, near Jalalabad Airport, Afghanistan
- Deployed family members of St. Pius X, Seton, and the VFW Post 9473
- Various veteran and active military programs throughout the year
Parish Veteran List
If you, or someone in your family, is a veteran, please let us know so that we can add you or your family member to our St. Pius X list of veterans. Doing so will allow us to communicate with you about tribute opportunities.
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age The planning committee of this ministry is appropriate for men and women over age 15. Youth 8 and above are welcome to volunteer for sorting day if they are accompanied by an adult. This is a service opportunity for elementary/middle/high schoolers.
- Designation This ministry is limited event, operating a few months each year. Please see our descriptions below for more guidance.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X School PAC Room and Gymnasium, 1061 Waggoner Rd. Reynoldsburg, OH.
- Frequency The Military Outreach Committee meets in January to assign volunteer tasks for the remainder of the year. The kick off for the drive takes place in March. The annual sorting date follows 3-4 weeks later on a Sunday after the 8:30 AM Mass.
- Time(s) These vary. Please see Frequency. Times are announced to volunteers in advance of activity.
- Special or Helpful Skills No special skills or military background is required.
- Additional Information Volunteers are needed to work Stand Down Columbus which is a homeless veteran event downtown in October.