- Hits: 6450 6450
St. Pius X Latchkey offers a planned program of afterschool activities for St. Pius X schoolchildren. From this page you can access our registration, learn more about our program and volunteer opportunities, and contact our director.
St. Pius X Latchkey Program
1061 Waggoner Road Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Beth Antommarchi, Director
(614) 866-6050 Ext 423
(614) 866-1209 (4:00-6:00 PM)
Contact St. Pius X Latchkey Program
Download St. Pius X Latchkey Registration Packet
Our Latchkey Program
- Is available every afternoon that school is in session
- Is open to all St. Pius X students, grades K – 8
- Operates 2:30 – 6:00 PM when school is in session
Four enrollment options are offered. Participants must choose one:
- FULL TIME: 4 or 5 days/week @ $55/week/1st child, $50/week/each additional child
- PART TIME: 2 or 3 days/week @ $35/week/1st child; $30/week/each additional child
- 1 DAY PER WEEK: 1 day/week for 39 weeks $18 child/week; extra days: $18 child/day
- DROP-IN: $25 per previously-registered child
Payment is due every week regardless of the number of days attended. REGISTRATION FEE IS DUE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Activities may include arts & crafts, gym time, cooking, scrapbooking, sign language, dance class, time for homework, and free time for individual and group games. A snack is included in the fee.
The current Child:Staff ratio of 1:18 is certified by the Ohio Department of Education.
Access St. Pius X Latchkey Policies & Procedures
Download: St. Pius X Latchkey Policies and Procedures [Rev 04-11-2017]
St. Pius X Latchkey's Policies and Procedures Manual provides detailed information about our program and helps to answer questions that many parents and guardians may have. It includes the following information:
- Days of Operation
- Parent Participation & Communication
- Student Records
- Clothing and Toys from Home
- Field Trips
Meet Our Staff
2017-2018 St. Pius X Latchkey Staff
Beth Antommarchi (Mrs. A), Director
Angela Silone (Mrs. Silone), Assistant Director
Brenda Beyer (Mrs. Beyer), Program Assistant
Matthew Berger, Program Assistant
Carol Shown (Miss Carol), Program Assistant
Patricia Zeitman (Mrs. Z), Program Assistant
Brenda Brammer, Business Manager, St. Pius X Church and School
Under the certification of the Ohio Department of Education, our staff is required to attend 15 hours of Continuing Education regarding the care and supervision of children. This includes, but is not limited to, classes in First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse and Communicable Diseases.
The Diocese of Columbus requires instruction in Protecting God’s Children, fingerprinting and both federal and state background checks.
Our staff is a gifted and experienced group of adults who enjoy the many challenges of working with and engaging children. They are encouraged to share their talents in cooking, scrapbooking, sign language, dance, and making crafts with the children on an informal basis as well as in formal classes.
Simplify Payment with Auto Withdrawal
Simplify payments by enrolling for regular auto withdrawals from your financial institution. You can select a weekly or monthly debit and specify its amount. You will need to complete and return the form above and provide us with a voided check from your account.
Latchkey Calendar 2017-2018
Download: St. Pius X Latchkey Calendar 2017-2018
St. Pius X Latchkey operates between the hours of 2:30-6:00 PM every day that St. Pius X School is in session.
LATCHKEY 2017-2018 CALENDAR
21 - Latchkey Kindergarten and New Student Orientation 1:30 PM
23 - First Day of School
4 - No School
9 - No School
22-26 Thanksgiving Break, No School
21 – January 3 Christmas Break, No School
15 - No School
20 - No School
16 - No School
30–April 2 - Easter Break, No School
3-8 - Spring Break, No School
16 - Latchkey Family Picnic
20 - Latchkey Doughnut Sunday
28 - No School
1 - Last Day of School
Our Daily School Building Schedule by Grade
To Hohman Hall
|3:15-4:00||To Hohman Hall||Hohman Hall||Gym
|4:00 -||Hohman Hall||Hohman Hall||To Hohman Hall||To Hohman Hall|
The 4•2•8 Club
The 4▪2▪8 Club is offered for Latchkey Program children in Grades 4-8 exclusively. The choice to be involved is offered daily. 4▪2▪8 Club is located in a separate room of the Latchkey building that is furnished with age-appropriate furniture including sofas, upholstered chairs, and rolling office chairs. Staff members are rotated regularly to serve as advisors to the students and to facilitate their various activities. Activities may include study/mentoring sessions, computer use, crafts, music, karaoke, video games, louder music, book clubs, service projects, and/or just general hanging out. Snacks brought from home may be eaten after the staff checks for allergens. Drinks must be in containers with lids. Students may choose to remove their shoes when in the room, however, they must put their shoes back on when leaving the space.
Volunteer & Service Opportunities
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age This ministry is appropriate for adult men and women over age 18; teens 13-17, without or without parental supervision; families or groups working together. This ministry makes a wonderful service opportunity.
- Designation Latchkey operates according to the school calendar, typically August - June.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Hohman Hall, 1051 Waggoner Rd., Reynoldsburg, OH
- Time(s) 2:30 - 6:00 PM
- Frequency Monday-Friday when school is in session
- Special Skills Volunteers are needed to help play with the kids and oversee them, as well as share crafts or activities they are passionate about.
- Other Information You can help one day or more. All volunteers who are 18+ and a high school graduate must have a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) background check with FBI fingerprinting and complete the Protecting God's Children for Adults Program, in compliance with the St. Pius X Safe Environments Policy. Access our webpage for full information: Protecting God's Children