Knights of Columbus Fr. Andrew Hohman Council #5253
- Hits: 7573 7573
Who are the Knights of Columbus?
The Knights of Columbus was founded by Venerable Servant of God Father Michael McGivney, a New Haven parish priest, in 1882, the Knights of Columbus was organized to provide charitable outreach and care for the financial well being of Catholic families. Its primary focus was protecting and supporting widows and orphans, and strengthening the faith of its members. Today, Knights of Columbus has grown into one of the world's largest lay organizations with over 1.8 million members throughout North and Central America, the Philippines, the Caribbean and Europe. In 2015, nearly 15,000 Knights of Columbus councils supported a countless number of charitable organizations by donating more than $175 million and performing 72 million hours of service. If you would like more information about Knights of Columbus, please contact our Grand Knight by telephone or use our form below.
- Father Hohman Council #5253 website: www.kofc5253.org
- Father Hohman Council #5253 on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kofc5253
Grand Knight, Council #5253
Contact the Knights of Columbus Hohman Council #5253
- Knight of the Year 2016-17: Brother Knight Thomas Vollmer
- Family of the Year 2016-17: Brother Knight John Beyer and wife Brenda Beyer
Laudati Sí in Action! Annual Etna and Reynoldsburg Roadside Clean-Up
- Saturday, April 29, 9:00-11 AM
- Roadside clean-up along Main Street/Route 40.
- Anyone age 14 and over may join us - a great service opportunity! Service verification forms will be available for service hours.
- We will meet in the church parking lot near the playground equipment and then proceed to begin our work. Please note that First Holy Communion is scheduled for April 29 at 10:00 AM, so we will not want to interfere with this wonderful event when we meet.
- All supplies provided: orange vests for visibility and garbage bags.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and the work.
Questions may be emailed to us through our contact form above or please call/text John Swisher at 614-477-7730.
Support Our Seminarians Collection
- May 6/7 after all Masses
- 100% of your donations goes to supporting the seminarians and their financial needs at the Pontifical College Josephinum
Knights of Columbus Membership Basics
Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization which involves formal membership. Father Hohman Council #5253 was chartered in March 1962. It is open to all men age 18 and over who are practicing Catholics. In addition to our many service projects and social opportunities, each month we conduct the following:
- Family Social — 7:00 PM in the PAC Room, first Tuesday each month
- Business Meeting — 7:00 PM in the PAC Room, third Tuesday each month
For those men interested in joining the Knights of Columbus, contact us via our form below or attend any Family Social meeting. You may also learn about our council from these online resources: