Happenings & Events
- Hits: 13296 13296
Next Update: May 30, 2017
Access current bulletin for more happenings & events around town
Parish ministries, groups, and organizations are welcome to post information about their future events on this page. Updates are made weekly every Monday morning and taken from our parish bulletin. Please email us.
St. Pius X Prayer Chain
If you or a family member is in need of prayers, or if you have a special intention, please contact Leah Kelly, Pastoral Minister, with your request so that it can be forwarded to our prayer chain. Anyone can call or email a prayer request to share with others. We have had some wonderful healing take place as a result of our prayer efforts! Faith and the power of prayer can work miracles. If you would like to pray for those in need, consider joining our parish prayer chain. Done exclusively through email, the prayer chain is a group of parishioners willing to pray for the intentions of others. Please call or email Leah Kelly at 614-866-2859 or email@example.com to join the St. Pius X Prayer Chain or to request a prayer or intention.
Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, & Servers
When your name appears on the ministry schedule in the bulletin and online, it is expected that you will respect and honor that commitment. We are experiencing at each Mass a shortage of eucharistic ministers and altar servers. It is greatly appreciated that you make every effort to find a replacement if you cannot serve as scheduled. If you know you will be away on vacation or there is a weekend you cannot serve, please contact Nancy Majerus, who creates our ministry schedule, at 740-964-1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Nancy is requesting a 6-week notification of these dates in order that no -shows can be avoided. You may contact Nancy for help in finding a replacement as well. If you no longer want to participate in this ministry, please let Nancy know that and she will remove your name from future schedules.
Monday, May 22
Confirmation, Church, 7:00 PM
Tuesday, May 23
- School Mass, 8:30 AM, Grades 1-8
- School Volunteer Appreciation Day
- Pizza with the Pastor
Learn more about St. Pius X School
Thank You to the St. Pius X Community
- Helping Hands Food Pantry thanks the St. Pius X community for your generous response in April! Due to your kindness, 45 bags and boxes of groceries were collected! Helping Hands is requesting the following items in May: soups, deodorant, shampoo, and conditioner. These donations continue to provide meals and personal items for local families. Collection weekend will be May 27-28. Thank you for your continued support!
- Father Hohman Council of the Knights of Columbus wishes to thank the parishioners of St. Pius X for your continued prayers and support for our quarterly Pennies for Heaven Collection the weekend of Sunday, April 30. Your generosity of $1,531.24 for our seminarians and the Diocesan Vocation Department is greatly appreciated. God bless you all!
Women’s Ministry Tuesday, May 23: Shroud of Turin
Women’s Ministry is having a meeting on Tuesday, May 23, in the PAC ROOM to discuss the Shroud of Turin. We invite all women of the parish to join us for discussion, food, and fellowship. See what we are all about. Come and bring a friend. For additional information on Women’s Ministry, contact Leah Kelly at 614-866-2859.
Experience the Choir: Sing with Us on May 28
Have you ever thought about joining the Adult Choir, but wanted to see what it was like? Now’s your chance! Sit and sing with us next Sunday, May 28 at the 10:15 AM Mass! Let’s have some fun and fellowship!
Vacation Bible School: June 25-29, 2017
Blast off for adventure at Vacation Bible School (VBS) this summer with SonForce Kids: Special Agents! As in past years, we will have a great time with lively songs, hilarious skits, creative crafts, exciting games, Bible stories and tasty snacks—all of the things that make VBS so much fun. On top of that, we will be helping children learn how to serve God as His special agents. Children ages 4 (and potty-trained) through rising fifth graders will be able to attend our "Special Agent Training Program".
Learn more: Vacation Bible School
This year, VBS will be held Sunday, June 25 through Thursday, June 29 from 6:00 - 8:30 PM. Parents are invited to join us at 8:20 PM every evening as we recap our adventures, and again for a closing celebration for the whole family on Friday evening, June 30, from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. The fee this year will be $15 per child, $50 max per family. For more information and to download our registration form, visit St. Pius X Vacation Bible School.
We are also seeking volunteers, rising sixth graders through adult, to assist in a variety of areas. If you would like to learn how you can get in on all the fun, join us at our volunteer information meeting. It will be held June 4 at 1:30 p.m. in the St. Pius X School cafeteria.
As in past years, we are asking for donations to help keep registration fees minimal. Please look for the display in the back of the church indicating our needs. You may drop off donations to the Bride's Room from now until June 4. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
On Memorial Day Weekend
- FIELD OF HEROES — Memorial Day weekend is around the corner! If you would like to dedicate a flag to your personal hero at the Field of Heroes, go to www.fieldofheroes.org . Prices and registration are available online. The Field of Heroes is a magnificent display of 3,000 American flags at the Westerville Community Center. The 3'x 5' flags stand 8' tall in perfect rows and stretch across a field of green. Activities run all weekend long including a 5K race, taps, ceramic poppy field, and a special tribute display.
- On Memorial Day weekend, the Military Outreach Program will have a flag display at the entry of the church honoring every St. Pius X veteran and active military family member registered with our program. Do you have a veteran or a family member/relative (child, grandchild, or another relative in your family) in the military that you would like to honor? Please contact Krista Schumacher at 614-323-7048 or email@example.com.
New Video of the Month: The Holy Spirit
On Monday, May 22, our eighth-grade students will celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation, in which they are sealed by the gift of the Holy Spirit. On
June 4, we celebrate Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit is poured out on the Church after Jesus’ Passion, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension. In this month’s video, Bishop Robert Barron reflects on who the Holy Spirit is and by considering the fruits of the Spirit, how we can know we have the Holy Spirit in us.
The Month of May is Dedicated to Our Lady
K of C Council #5253 will be leading the parish in praying the Rosary after each and every 5:00 PM Mass on Saturday in May. If you attend Saturday evening Mass in May, please stay afterward and help the Knights pray the Rosary to our Blessed Mother. Join us in seeking Our Lady’s intercession for our country, parish, and families. Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!
Learn more about Knights of Columbus Hohman Council 5253
Eucharistic Adoration Continues Through Summer
Adoration will continue through the summer on Wednesdays from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM. If you are interested in participating with adoration during the summer months, please sign up or re-sign up in the back of the church and choose a period of time you think you will be able to cover, so that we know if we need to make any changes for coverage during the summer months. Any questions, please call Jeanne Swisher at 614-314-2428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Eucharistic Adoration at St. Pius X
Bloodmobile Thursday, June 22
Give the gift of life and be a blood donor when St. Pius X hosts the Reynoldsburg Community Bloodmobile by providing blood donors and volunteers from 1:00-6:00 PM right here in the St. Pius X School gymnasium. All blood types are needed. This is a great opportunity to help St. Pius X broaden its donor base by being a first-time donor on Thursday, June 22. Call 614-861-5137 to make an appointment. Your neighbors are counting on you!
Mass on the Road
Travelers needing to know the times and locations of Masses throughout the USA can call (1-410-676-6000) or on the web: http://www.masstimes.org