Our capital campaign, Continuing to Renew All Things in Christ, is helping St. Pius X Church and School to meet our parish's growing needs and prepare for its future by expanding and improving our campus properties or adding new buildings as needed. From this page, you can stay updated by accessing our campaign news blog. You can also learn more about the planned expansions for our parish.
Questions or Information
John Beyer, Campaign Chair
(614) 866-2859 Ext 101
Capital campaign update as of 31 January 2018
- Pledge total to date - $2,928,973
- Cash received total to date - $1,771,896
- New pledge totals received, December - $8,760
- Cash received total, December - $108,142
Our Vision: Overview of Planned Campus Improvements
Renewing All Things in Christ Capital Campaign
Total funds required: $6,088,062
- New building costs, $5,102,810
- Soft costs (e.g., fees, furniture, kitchen equipment), $985,252
Phase 1: Hohman Hall & Business Office Expansion
Phase 1: Funds required: $2,541,135
- The Hohman Hall Expansion will renovate the existing property and build a new property adjacent to it. A second story will be added to Hohman Hall to house our new Latchkey and Youth Ministry Center. The first floor will be used for needed storage space to reduce overall parish costs. A new, 7000 sq ft Parish Center will be constructed. Accommodating up to 299 people, this center will be available for parish weddings or other approved functions and provide a new revenue stream. For flexibility, this single large room will be capable of subdivision into three separate meeting spaces. It will include an industrial kitchen, a bride's room, and restrooms. A covered portico will provide access for pick-up or drop-off at the center.
- The existing Rosary Garden will be relocated between the new Parish Center and our new Business Office Expansion.
- Our Business Office Expansion will include construction of seven additional administration offices that will allow us to relocate to the west side of the rectory. All administration offices will move out of the current rectory offices and into this new expansion. A new entrance to the expansion will be included.
Hohman Hall Expansion
Business Office Expansion
Phase 2: Church Narthex Expansion
Phase 2: Funds required: $446,253
Our current vestibule is just over 1,000 sq ft. Our plans include an expansion of the vestibule to over 2,000 sq ft. This will give us ample room in the vestibule for greeting and fellowship before and after all Masses. We also plan to add an additional 1,700 sq ft of restrooms, an adoration chapel, and reception and meeting areas. This will increase the total size of the area to approximately 3,700 sq ft. The original boiler system for the church, installed in 1969, will be replaced with a more efficient unit.
Phase 3: St. Pius X School Expansion
Phase 3: Funds required:
- New single-story building, $2,115,422
- Complete second-story building: Add $1,300,000 (not in totals)
Our plans for the school building include a first- and second-floor expansion, amounting to an increase of 9,200 sq ft. Planned improvements include a secure entry into the school, new administration offices located on the first floor, a spiritwear store, and an elevator. New classrooms for our kindergarteners and first graders will be added to the first floor, and a junior high wing will be located in the new second floor addition. In 2012, we completed our electrical upgrade to the school which will power this expansion.
Receptions Begin This Week: Join Us!
Learn what exciting plans are in store for our parish community by attending one of our campaign receptions. They begin this week on September 12 and refreshments will be served. A reminder of possible reception dates is available from this article.
Did You Receive Your Invitation?
By now every registered parish family should have received an invitation to the special receptions being held for the Continuing to Renew All Things In Christ Capital Campaign. Please be sure to RSVP. This article provides a list of the reception dates and times.
You've Answered the Call: Over 270 Volunteers Responded
Our St. Pius X Parish leadership is grateful to everyone who filled out a volunteer card during our Volunteer Weekend. The gift of your time and talent for this important endeavor is very much appreciated and needed.
Volunteer Weekend August 20-21: Sign Up Today!
Your chance to get involved with the St. Pius X Continuing to Renew All Things In Christ Campaign is here this weekend, August 20-21. To achieve our campaign goals, we will need the cooperation and assistance of a great many parishioners as volunteer workers. Learn more about how you can help and sign up.
Capital Campaign Begins
St. Pius X leadership is pleased to announce the “kickoff” of the Continuing to Renew All Things In Christ Capital Campaign. In this campaign we will be working together to improve and expand our campus facilities. Learn more about your upcoming invitation to a campaign reception and about our Capital Campaign Volunteer Weekend on August 20-21.
Please pray for the success of our capital campaign and may God bless you abundantly every day. You may download a copy of our campaign prayer from this page.
Expansion and Renewal
Pastor Monsignor David Funk expands upon the importance of the capital campaign to our parish in his recent letter taken from our August 2016 (Vol 2, No 3) issue of Connections,our quarterly parish newsletter.