Our capital campaign, Continuing to Renew All Things in Christ, is helping St. Pius X Church and School to meet our parish's growing needs and prepare for its future by expanding and improving our campus properties or adding new buildings as needed. From this page, you can stay updated by accessing our campaign news blog. You can also learn more about the planned expansions for our parish.
Questions or Information
John Beyer, Campaign Chair
(614) 866-2859 Ext 101
Capital campaign update as of 31 January 2018
- Pledge total to date - $2,928,973
- Cash received total to date - $1,771,896
- New pledge totals received, December - $8,760
- Cash received total, December - $108,142
Our Vision: Overview of Planned Campus Improvements
Renewing All Things in Christ Capital Campaign
Total funds required: $6,088,062
- New building costs, $5,102,810
- Soft costs (e.g., fees, furniture, kitchen equipment), $985,252
Phase 1: Hohman Hall & Business Office Expansion
Phase 1: Funds required: $2,541,135
- The Hohman Hall Expansion will renovate the existing property and build a new property adjacent to it. A second story will be added to Hohman Hall to house our new Latchkey and Youth Ministry Center. The first floor will be used for needed storage space to reduce overall parish costs. A new, 7000 sq ft Parish Center will be constructed. Accommodating up to 299 people, this center will be available for parish weddings or other approved functions and provide a new revenue stream. For flexibility, this single large room will be capable of subdivision into three separate meeting spaces. It will include an industrial kitchen, a bride's room, and restrooms. A covered portico will provide access for pick-up or drop-off at the center.
- The existing Rosary Garden will be relocated between the new Parish Center and our new Business Office Expansion.
- Our Business Office Expansion will include construction of seven additional administration offices that will allow us to relocate to the west side of the rectory. All administration offices will move out of the current rectory offices and into this new expansion. A new entrance to the expansion will be included.
Hohman Hall Expansion
Business Office Expansion
Phase 2: Church Narthex Expansion
Phase 2: Funds required: $446,253
Our current vestibule is just over 1,000 sq ft. Our plans include an expansion of the vestibule to over 2,000 sq ft. This will give us ample room in the vestibule for greeting and fellowship before and after all Masses. We also plan to add an additional 1,700 sq ft of restrooms, an adoration chapel, and reception and meeting areas. This will increase the total size of the area to approximately 3,700 sq ft. The original boiler system for the church, installed in 1969, will be replaced with a more efficient unit.
Phase 3: St. Pius X School Expansion
Phase 3: Funds required:
- New single-story building, $2,115,422
- Complete second-story building: Add $1,300,000 (not in totals)
Our plans for the school building include a first- and second-floor expansion, amounting to an increase of 9,200 sq ft. Planned improvements include a secure entry into the school, new administration offices located on the first floor, a spiritwear store, and an elevator. New classrooms for our kindergarteners and first graders will be added to the first floor, and a junior high wing will be located in the new second floor addition. In 2012, we completed our electrical upgrade to the school which will power this expansion.
Pledge Reminders Begin
Pledge reminders will begin in December. This article gives you guidance on how to complete your pledged payment.
Thank You, Hard-Working Committee Members!
As our pledge total continues to increase through your generous, sacrificial giving, we wish to recognize and thank our Continuing to Renew All Things in Christ Capital Campaign Committee for their tremendous dedication and many hours of service.
Our New Pledge Total is $2,267,000
The momentum continues as we complete a third month of the Continuing to Renew All Things in Christ Capital Campaign. Members of our parish campaign team will begin to reach out and follow-up with parish families who have not yet responded. If you fall in this group, we encourage you to help us by returning your response card today. Every pledge, regardless of the amount, is integral to this joint effort.
Will You Respond?
With just under a quarter (22 percent) of our parish family committing, we have reached $2.2 million. We need your help and prayers to assure that all phases of the development plan can be met. What can we do with 50, 75, 100% participation?! Please help us meet your parish goals. For those who have not specified an earlier payment period, redemption on your generous pledges will begin in December.
Do You Still Have Your Pledge Card?
Our new pledge total now tops $2 million! Of the approximately 2,000 registered parish households in St. Pius X Church, 411 (20%) have made pledges to our campaign. Another 79 are considering their pledge amount following their attendance at a reception. We need our remaining families to participate as well. Do you still have your pledge card?
"Commitment Weekend" is Here at Last!
Our gifts and pledges continue to increase: we now have confirmed over $1.6 million in gifts and pledges to date! Thank you! Join all those parish family members in committing to this project to revitalize our campus and prepare us for a future in faith. Commitment Weekend is this October 22/23. Find your pledge cards and make your commitment soon! Please give this request prayerful consideration.
Next Weekend is "Commitment Weekend"
Over $1.5 million in gifts and pledges to date! Review our campaign brochure, Continuing to Renew All Things in Christ, which you should now have received in the mail. Extra brochure packets and pledge cards are available in the church vestibule at the Campaign Information Table. We request that all of our parish families consider making a sacrificial pledge to the best of their ability: equal sacrifice, not equal giving. Please give this request prayerful consideration.
Our Success Depends on All of Us
All gifts, no matter the size, are needed and greatly appreciated. Remember that our campaign is based on equal sacrifice, not equal giving. This week's update includes a total of our gifts and pledges to date and information concerning upcoming pledge reminders and statements.
Over $1 Million Already Pledged
We are off to an amazing start! Our receptions have been completed. Parishioners who were unable to attend a reception will soon receive by mail our campaign brochure, Continuing to Renew All Things in Christ, along with a letter from Monsignor Funk asking for your full participation in the campaign.
Last Chance to Attend a Reception
We will be hosting our final week of receptions this week. Over 260 parishioners have attended thus far. While we appreciate your RSVP for planning purposes, if you are unsure if you can attend and find that you can, please show up. It's your presence that counts!
Special Receptions Continue
Our receptions continue this week and next, so that as many people as possible become informed and get involved with this important campaign that will have a real and lasting impact on the future of our Catholic faith community in Reynoldsburg.